COVID-19 Safety Precautions and Practices
- Hours: Our hours of operation will be 7:00AM-6:00PM. We will be using the additional time to ensure all common areas and classrooms are properly disinfected, to conduct health screenings on our staff, and to stay updated and train on new policies that continue to be released as the situation develops.
- Food: Per CDC and Department of Health recommendations, we are not serving family-style meals at this time. We offer individual portions for lunch and PM snack for an additional fee. Please ensure your child eats breakfast prior to arrival and we recommend sending in an AM snack. If you are not participating in the meal program, please send in lunch and a morning/afternoon snack daily. All food must be packed with an ice pack or in a thermos; KLA does not have the capacity to refrigerate meals from home, nor can we heat them.
- Drop-off and Pick-Up: In order to minimize traffic within the school, we will be adapting our Drop-Off Procedures to limit the number of people coming in and out of the center. A staff member will receive your child at the front door – please adhere to the social distance spot markers on the sidewalk while waiting. A staff member will bring your child and his/her belongings to meet you at the front door at pick up. To maintain accurate attendance, we utilize a touch-less sign in/out system. It is a QR code scanned through our family app.
- Health Screenings: Each child and staff member will receive a health screening prior to entering the facility, including a touchless temperature check. Anyone with symptoms of illness will be excluded (details regarding symptoms of illness are specified in our new Health, Safety and Operating Procedures).
- Classroom Capacities: Due to recommendations on group sizes within each classroom, enrollment is on first come, first served basis. We are maintaining smaller class sizes and lower ratios at this time in order to adhere to CDC and Department of Health guidelines and recommendations.
[contact-form-7 id=”96″ title=”Home Page Form”]